Having your Firestick remote break or not connect to WiFi can be frustrating. Resetting your FireStick can seem difficult if you can’t use the Fire TV app as a temporary remote. How to reset a Firestick without Wi-Fi or a remote is explained below in detail.
But don’t worry, there are other ways to reset your FireStick without using the remote or WiFi. First, let’s start by understanding what the HDMI-CEC feature is and how it can be used to reset the FireStick to its original settings.
How to Reset Firestick Without Wi-Fi or Remote-
Resetting FireStick Operating HDMI-CEC:
- It is necessary to check the compatibility of the TV first.
- Turn on HDMI-CEC on the TV – Disconnect and reconnect FireStick.
- To reset the Firestick use the TV remote, go to Settings click on Device Options, and tap on Reset to reset to factory defaults.
- The reset process takes some time to complete, wait for a while.
HDMI-CEC, or HDMI Consumer Electronics Control, is a special quality that allows your TV to communicate with other appliances that are attached to it through HDMI. This can be useful when you have misplaced your Firestick remote and require to reset your appliance. To use HDMI-CEC, you are required to make sure that your TV can accomplish it.
Different TV companies give it different names, such as INlink for Insignia, Anynet+ for Samsung, and Aquos Link for Sharp. If your TV can operate HDMI-CEC, you should turn it on. To begin, turn on your TV and unplug your Firestick.
Wait for around a few moments before you connect your appliance again and wait for it to start up. Then, locate your TV remote and look through the TV’s menu, opportunities, or settings until you locate HDMI-CEC. You can turn it on by switching it to the “on” position.
Now that HDMI-CEC is turned on, you can operate your TV remote to control your Firestick. Go to the Settings menu, connect on Appliance, and then choose Reset to Factory Defaults. Lastly, press the Reset button to start the process. Your Firestick choice requires rare minutes to completely reset.
If you can’t locate HDMI-CEC on your TV’s menu, you can explore online for instructions on how to allow HDMI-CEC on your specific TV model. To give you more in-depth details, let me supply some extra points that might be helpful.
TO Resetting FireStick Operating HDMI-CEC-
- Make sure your TV can work with HDMI-CEC. You can check the user manual or search online to see if it’s compatible.
- To enable HDMI-CEC, first switch on your TV and go to its settings. From there, you can turn on HDMI-CEC. The choice might be named INlink for Insignia, Anynet+ for Samsung, Aquos Link for Sharp, and so on.
- Unplug the Firestick from your TV and stay for a few seconds before plugging it back in. The appliance will now start.
- To reset the Firestick, use your TV remote. Go to the Firestick settings and choose “Device”, then choose “Reset to Factory Defaults”, and finally “Reset”. This will delete all information and bring the Firestick back to its starting setup.
- Please stay until the reset procedure is accomplished. It might take a rare minute, so be patient. After finishing, your Firestick will return to how it was before and be prepared to use.
- To put it simply, if your TV allows it, you can easily reset a Firestick using HDMI-CEC.
Reset Firestick Operating Keyboard:
In the event that you don’t have to make your Firestick inaccessible or your TV doesn’t bolster HDMI-CEC, you’ll still reset your Firestick employing a console. Here’s what you would like to do:
- Reset your TV: To begin the method, you would like to factory reset your TV. To do this, you’ll have to look online for the show and year of your TV alongside the watchwords “factory reset without remote.” The enlightening for resetting your TV will change depending on the demonstration, but it regularly includes squeezing a combination of buttons on your TV.
- Connect a keyboard: Once your TV is reset, interface a USB console, either wired or remote, to your TV.
- Enter network data: Amid the TV setup prepare and utilize the console to enter your Wi-Fi organize title and watchword. This will permit you to reset your Firestick.
- To reset your Firestick, first, input your network details. Then, you can proceed with the reset process. Go to the settings of your device and select the option to “Reset to Factory Defaults. ” This may take a little bit of time, but once it’s done, your Firestick will be restored to how it was when you first got it.
You can reset your Firestick using a keyboard, even if you don’t have the remote or if your TV doesn’t support HDMI-CEC. This solution can be useful in many situations, making it a convenient option for resetting your Firestick.
Connecting the TV to the Internet Using an Ethernet Cable:
If you do not have a keyboard, you can use an ethernet cable to connect your TV to the internet. Look at the back of your TV to see if there is an ethernet port. If there is, then you can follow the steps below.
- Plug one end of the internet cable into the internet port on your TV.
- Plug the other end into an available slot on your router.
- Turn off and then on your TV by using the power button on the back. Your TV should now be connected to the internet with a wire.
Now that the TV is connected, you can use the Fire TV app as a temporary remote.
Note: This process will only work if the TV and router are close to each other. If they are far apart then a longer Ethernet cable is required.
Like this post? Could you share it with your friends?
Suggested Read –
- TCL TV Black Screen
- Why Does Netflix Keep Kicking Me Out
- HBO Max Not Working on Samsung TV
- MOCA For Xfinity: Understanding the Technology
- Yellow Light on Garage Door Sensor: Ensuring Safety & Reliability
- How To Enable WPS Button On Spectrum Routers: Easy Fix
Having your Firestick remote break or not connect to WiFi can be frustrating. Resetting your FireStick can seem difficult if you can’t use the Fire TV app as a temporary remote.
But don’t worry, there are other ways to factory reset your FireStick without using a remote or WiFi. First, let’s understand what the HDMI-CEC feature is and how it can be used to reset FireStick to its original settings. Above we have explained in detail all the methods that will help you.