Smartphone is becoming very important in today’s life. Even, the Apple company is very famous for its iPhone. Sometimes the iPhone doesn’t make calls when it needs to, it’s very frustrating. You may be forced to use an IM app like WhatsApp or Telegram when you need to make voice calls. My iPhone Won’t Make Calls but Will Text, to fix all such problems, we have detailed methods in this article that will help you fix this problem.
Network glitches, temporary outages on carriers, SIM card-related issues, or some software issues with iPhones can be the reason for causing this kind of problem.
Use Airplane Mode:
First of all, using Airplane Mode can be the first solution to this problem. Airplane mode has been the solution to reset network connectivity on iPhone. Your iPhone often fails to regain web connectivity when you enter a cellular finished zone such as a subway or tunnel.
You can get back network time and make calls using the below steps.
- Lift down from the top right intersection and open the Control Center menu.
- Then you have to turn on Airplane Mode and stay for two minutes.
- Have to turn on Airplane Mode then open the Phone app and make calls as normal.
Check all problems with the carrier:
Try this method whenever you face an outage of your favorite carrier. You may get call-related errors on your iPhone. You can confirm the problem on Down Detector by tweeting or posting criticism of your carrier. For you have to go to the web page and find the mobile service provider by going to Down detector.
After which a higher outage graph will appear as reported by other affected users. May have to wait for the carrier issue to be resolved. You may want to consider switching preferred networks whenever carrier outages occur.
Check Career Plan:
If we are postpaid users, then you do not require to stress. But if there are any pre-paid users then they need to check the remaining voice call minutes on their plan. Many US carriers offer more voice calls and the same is not true with other carriers around the world.
For you get the number top-up from some other plan and get extra minutes. Postpaid consumers have to pay their bills before the due date. The carrier suspends the plan and all benefits for your digit.
The latest iPhones have e-SIM functionality, yet they still have a physical SIM slot. If the same SIM card is used for many years, it may get damaged due to wear and tear. You’ll need to get a renewed SIM card from your page. This is unlikely to happen, a recent accident resulted in the wrong orientation of the SIM card. Re-insert the SIM card operating the SIM ejector instrument.
Reset Network Settings:
Carrier connectivity on iPhone gets messed up due to network glitches. It won’t fix everything by itself. Instead, you can reset network connectivity using the iPhone Settings menu.
To reset network connectivity-
- First of all, the Settings app has to be opened on the iPhone.
- After that go to the General menu.
- Then you select Transfer or Reset iPhone.
- Select the Reset option and select the Reset network settings icon.
- This option cannot reset Bluetooth or Wi-Fi settings on iPhone.
Update Carrier Settings:
Carriers bundle updates with iOS. But traveling to another country and inserting a local SIM requires updating the carrier settings on the iPhone. This trick works best when a US iPhone model is used in India and it initially fails to make calls.
- Extend the General menu in iPhone Settings.
- Then Select About.
- The choice has to go to the network provider.
- Select the Carrier Name, and the system will update it automatically.
If the iPhone is not working properly and not creating calls, you can force restart it. A restart can fix many problems. This is a solution to fix iPhone. My iPhone Won’t Make Calls but Will Text, to fix all such problems, we have detailed methods in this article that will help you fix this problem.
- Fast press and remove the Volume Up button.
- Then press the Volume Down control and fast-release it.
- Note that you have to press the Power button until you see the Apple logo.
This method works well for iPhone models with Face ID. If you have an older iPhone model, you need to visit the Apple Support page and you can restart the device.
As you know, carriers bundle the latest updates with iOS builds. The iPhone needs to be connected to a Wi-Fi network and the latest iOS software needs to be installed.
- Open the General menu in iPhone Settings.
- After this, you have to click on software update.
- Then the iOS build needs to be downloaded and installed here.
Smartphone is becoming very important in today’s life. Even the Apple company is very famous for its iPhone. You may be forced to use an IM app like WhatsApp or Telegram when you need to make voice calls. To fix all such problems like my iPhone won’t call but text, we have detailed methods in this article above that will help you fix this problem.