The Oculus Quest 2 is a superb and mostly used device. But the problem with the Oculus (Meta) Quest 2 keeps happening. But don’t worry, you can fix Oculus (Meta) Quest 2 by factory resetting it. This reset process is done using the Meta Quest app with the phone. You can reset it even without the phone. This post explains in detail how to factory reset Oculus Quest 2 without a phone.
Before resetting you will need to make sure the Oculus (Meta) Quest 2 is powered off, then press the Power and Volume Down buttons together until the Quest turns on. Now you have to reset for which scroll down to “Factory reset” by using the Volume buttons on your headset and pressing the Power button. Then select “Yes, right click on wipe notification and factory reset”. Now the reset process will be completed and your appliance will be operating like new.
Turn on Quest 2 Cloud Backup:
Before resetting the cloud, it is necessary to check that its backup is current once. Cloud backup displays Quest 2 in-game improvement and settings are saved for all cloud-enabled apps.
To turn on Quest 2 cloud backup-
- Turn on the headset and turn the clock to the left that says (quick setting).
- Then go to the settings of the appliance.
- Then select System.
- Then go to Backup and see that Cloud Backup is on.
Quest 2 Factory Reset Procedure Without Phone:
Cloud backup is on for Find 2, now to start the factory reset method.
- The Quest 2 headset must be powered off and then the power button and volume down button must be pressed simultaneously until Oculus sees Meta Quest 2 powered on.
- After “USB Update Mode” you have to press the Volume Down switch to toggle it off. Keep holding the Volume Down key until you get to “Factory reset”, then press the Power button to select.
- Then select “Yes, right click on wipe notification and factory reset”. Now the reset method will be completed and your device will be working like renewed.
You must understand that a factory reset cannot be undone. This will clear all account data, downloaded apps, and content from the headset itself. But any content you’ve purchased or downloaded from your account isn’t deleted.
Factory Reset Oculus (Meta) Quest 2 Using Laptop:
Other options include resetting the Quest 2 remotely using a laptop. If your Quest 2 is lost, or stolen, this factory reset procedure may come in handy.
To remotely wipe Meta Quest 2 without access to the actual device –
- Log in to https://secure.oculus.com/my/devices/ on your computer.
- Then goes to the settings of the appliance.
- Then select wipe device data.
- Must go through a confirmation process to confirm identity.
After the reset, your Quest 2 is removed from the list and automatically factory reset the next time you go online. If the software version doesn’t support remote wipes, you don’t see the option to wipe device data.
Excuses to Factory Reset the Oculus (Meta) Quest 2:
There are several causes why your strength wants to factory reset Quest 2. Due to technical problems, you have to factory reset it. Sometimes the app gets stuck after uninstalling, even then a reset is needed. Incorrect date/time which prevents successful WiFi connection can also be a reason.
Problems like the black screen of Death, and Exploration 2 not starting are also reasons why you might want to do a factory reset. Games keep crashing and a common problem like the “no command” error is also a reason to reset it. Does matter. Another reason to factory reset a Quest 2 would be before you sell it.
All your data is kept on the device, someone else is going to operate it. Then, you contain to do a factory reset. If your Quest 2 is stolen by someone then the most important thing is to factory reset it. This will clear all account reports, downloaded apps, and content from the headset itself. But any content you’ve purchased or downloaded from your account isn’t deleted.
The Oculus (Meta) Quest 2 is a great and mostly used device. But the problem with the Oculus (Meta) Quest 2 keeps happening. But don’t worry, you can fix Oculus (Meta) Quest 2 by factory resetting it. This reset process is done using the Meta Quest app with the phone. You can also reset it without the phone. This article details all of the above methods on how to factory reset the Oculus Quest 2 without a phone. Which will help you to crack the issue.